Recent developments in neuroscience research have given us a profound insight into the physical, emotional and psychological changes that occur in chronic pain conditions.
Unfortunately, many health practitioners are not up to date with this information, or don’t understand it well enough to implement it in a way that helps you.
At integrative osteopathy, we have a special interest in helping people in chronic pain regain control of their life.
We understand that chronic pain is complex and multifactorial, and won’t sell you simplistic solutions or make promises we can’t keep.
What we will do is provide you with:
- A listening ear, because your story is unique, and it deserves to be heard.
- An explanation of what is happening, based on the latest neuroscientific understanding of pain biology.
- A realistic prognosis – we don’t sell you fairy tales.
- Researched based care, which provides both short term symptomatic relief and empowers you to better manage things on your own.
- Coping strategies for those times when you just feel overwhelmed by it all.
- Liason with other health professionals so that everyone involved in your care is on the same page.
- A supportive and encouraging environment.
Common chronic pain conditions include:
- Low back pain
- Joint pain